Prayer Focus | July 2012
2nd Monday is one day, specifically set apart each month, to slow down from our daily routine to seek God more intentionally. This posture of prayer, fasting, and worship has found its way into our monthly rhythm since Winter 2010 and is a day not to be missed. Together, we strive to set aside our busy-ness and passionately seek Him for our lives, our church, our friends, families and our communities.
Before you start the day, during your breaks, in-between classes or appointments, while the kids are at school, and to end the day…
Pray. Fast. Seek God.
I searched for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand in the gap before Me for the land, so that I would not destroy it; but I found no one. Ezekiel 22:30 NASB
Let Israel’s failure be our inspiration. Pray and stand in the gap!
- A Spirit of Revelation (Matthew 24, Mark 13) about Jesus to spread throughout the world
- The Church – for our brothers and sisters in Christ throughout the world and for those persecuted for the name of Jesus.
- Israel – The peace, protection, and prosperity of Jerusalem and the nation of Israel.
- Pray for our country: I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. I Timothy 2:1-2
- President Obama, Vice President Biden (Romans 13:1-7)
- Our Congressional leaders (Senators Michael Bennet & Mark Udall, Representative Cory Gardner)
- State leaders, local leaders (Governor John Hickenlooper)
- Cabinet Members, Supreme Court Justices (Chief Justice John Roberts)
- For the next Presidential and Congressional election in November, 2012 – for Godly leadership for our nation
- Revival and returning to Jesus in the church and in our nation
- Pray for our troops at home and across the world.
- Good Shepherd Church – for the Lord’s continued blessings and leading in all areas of our church. Pray this for all Loveland churches. Pray for the fulfillment of the 1 Chronicles 28 promise (“people with skills of every kind will volunteer and the leaders and the entire nation are at your command”).
- For Loveland – For any spirit of suicide, apathy, lethargy and complacency to be broken and for God’s Kingdom to come and His will to be done in our city.
- Pray for the peace, protection and prosperity of our community.
- For your family members (spouse, children, grandchildren, parents) and for the well being of all of our families.
- Provision from the Lord (health, finances, protection, etc.) in each of our lives and the lives of our loved ones.
- For Prodigals in our families to return home to the Father.