2nd Monday is one day, specifically set apart each month, to slow down from our daily routine to seek God more intentionally. This posture of prayer, fasting, and worship has found its way into our monthly rhythm since Winter 2010 and is a day not to be missed. Together, we strive to set aside our busy-ness and passionately seek Him for our lives, our church, our friends, families and our communities.
Before you start the day, during your breaks, in-between classes or appointments, while the kids are at school, and to end the day…
Pray. Fast. Seek God.
Prayer Focus | December 2014
- Your family and the strengthening of families in our city.
- Your neighbors (ask for God’s help and leading in getting to know them better)
- The church in Loveland (for blessing and renewal)
- Pray for our city and community for: Loveland’s governing leaders, our schools, and our public safety workers. PRAY FOR 10,000 TO COME TO SAVING FAITH IN JESUS THAT HAVE NOT KNOWN HIM AS LORD BEFORE.
- Pray for GSC Missionaries (pray blessing on those we are specifically called to support –see the missions board at the church)
- Pray for our Nation (for repentance and revival to sweep across the USA – see 2 Chronicles 7:14 for instructions on how to pray for our country)
- The World (the Nigerian girls and others that are persecuted, the political turmoil in Ukraine and elsewhere, our brothers and sisters across the globe whose lives are threatened because of their faith including Pastor Saaed in Iran)
- Pray for the peace, protection and prosperity of Jerusalem and Israel.
PRAY MORE SPECIFICALLY:
The challenge in 2 Chronicles 7:14 instructs us on how to pray during times of turmoil and trouble. We (His people – the church) are to humble ourselves, pray, seek His face, and turn from our wicked ways. God, in turn, will respond to our prayers according to this scripture. He tells us He will hear from heaven, forgive our sins and heal (restore) our Land.
Let’s pray according to this word from the Lord. Let’s pray, with faith in our Lord’s goodness, for the United States to be healed and restored. According to this scripture the hope of God healing America and beyond lies in the hands of the church.
God bless your 2nd Monday fast. Join us at 6 PM for prayer tonight.